St Kitts and Nevis
The St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program was started in 1984, giving it the distinction of being the world’s first country to offer such a program. Now in its fourth decade of operation, the country continues to be a leader among those offering citizenship by investment programs. It has made it is goal to represent the ‘Platinum Standard’ of citizenship by investment. As the oldest and most trusted program of its kind, St. Kitts & Nevis continues to welcome those seeking to obtain citizenship in this beautiful Caribbean island.
The citizenship by investment program allows applicants to become citizens of St. Kitts and Nevis, without a residency requirement. Once Citizenship is granted, passports may be easily obtained. Dependent children 30 years and under may also be included and grandparents above 55 years.
St. Kitts and Nevis 60 day Accelerated Application Process (AAP)
St. Kitts and Nevis is the only citizenship by investment program to offer an Accelerated Application Process (AAP). Applying using the AAP will guarantee complete processing of a fully completed application within 60 days of its submission, with some applications completed in as little as 45 days. Applicants will still be required to meet all mandatory criteria and submit the necessary supporting documents to apply for citizenship by investment.
Under the AAP Applications will be given an accelerated treatment from the Citizenship by Investment Unit, Due Diligence Providers and the St. Kitts and Nevis Passport Office.
About St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Kitts is the larger of the 2 Caribbean islands that comprise the nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis. Known for its rain forested mountains and beaches of white, gray and black sands, these dual islands are one of the most stunning spots in the Caribbean.
On its southwestern coast is the capital, Basseterre, and its colonial-era Georgian buildings. Anchoring Basseterre is the Circus, a plaza modeled after London’s Piccadilly Circus, complete with Victorian-style clock tower.
Beyond its breathtaking natural beauty, warm skies, clear blue waters and white sandy beaches, St. Kitts and Nevis supports a robust trade and tourism economy and highly skilled workforce. It offers direct flights to and from Europe and the U.S.
Benefits of St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship
- Citizenship is in a British Commonwealth country.
- Citizenship is for life and not revocable.
- Application processing within 3-6 months
- Inclusion of dependent children 30 and under.
- Inclusion of dependent parents or grandparents over 55
- Right to pass on citizenship to future generations
- Visa-free access to more than 152 countries including the United Kingdom, Europe, Hong Kong and Singapore.
- St. Kitts and Nevis recognizes Dual Citizenship and does not require people to renounce their current citizenship.
- Having a second citizenship may allow children to avoid military service in their home country.
- Off-shore bank accounts, investments, and companies give unique opportunities for business and tax planning.
- A low tax regime, safeguarding citizens from, for example, worldwide income, inheritance, and gift tax.
- There is no residency requirement under the Citizenship by Investment Program.
- No management experience requirement, no education requirement, no interview, and no language requirement.
Qualifications for St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship
To qualify under the St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship by Investment Program, the following criteria must be met:
- The principal applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- To qualify as dependents, children must be under age 30 and unmarried (if aged 18-30, children must be able to prove full-time studies and dependence on their parents).
- Parents or grandparents of the principal applicant or spouse may qualify as dependents if they are above 55 years of age, living with the principal applicant, and can prove financial dependency on the principal applicant.
- Applicants must pass a Due Diligence examination and have no criminal record.
- Applicants must complete a medical examination.
- Applicants must make a qualifying investment in St. Kitts and Nevis as described below.
Applicants must make one of the following qualifying investments in St. Kitts and Nevis:
- A non-refundable contribution to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF) US$200,000 including government fees and legal fees for a family of 4
- USD $400,000 in a Government-approved real estate project plus government fees and legal fees (US$500K)